Monday 8 March 2010

Done and dusted!

Well that's it for another year...

Pretty successful and eventful all round I reckon. There were some good waves, some not so good waves, a few injuries and aching bodies the next day but most importantly some pretty good surfing in all of the divisions!

Sunday had to be the highlight, Scratch took the Open title again this year and set out his intentions right from the hooter in the first heat of the day. His first wave for the heat on Sunday pretty much sealing his heat win leaving him the rest of the heat to find a back up wave which of course he had no problems in doing.

Conditions throughout the morning were some of the best we've seen for a contest in quite a few years, I must say I enjoyed my heats, the waves allowed mostly everyone to have a fair crack at a couple of nice ones and I'm sure that there were some happy campers on the way home on Sunday evening.

Another good turn out from everyone, stoked to see the longboard and Senior division's becomming bigger at the event too.

Big thanks to everyone for turning up and helping out especially Grant and Andy for Judging, Pete, running the beach marshall for the two days, Boydie for his first efforts at Contest Director and again thanks to everyone who picked up a clipboard and judged a heat or two.

Anyway I have to get going just now, full results to follow soon, I'm away just now so once I can get it organised I'll get them posted.

Thanks
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment